welcome everyone!

This blog will certainly talk about my everyday discourse, a diary I may say, wherein I get to express my self. Let us all unravel my precious adventure!!! *-*

Monday, June 28, 2010

greatest hurdle of my life

             Few hours ago, we went to St. Paul's Hospital to get the Breast Biopsy result of my mother. While travelling, I was so relaxed that I did'n even bothered to think about it, for the mammogram result revealed a benign tumor.My mother was at first, her usual self, but still admitted fear of God-knows what the result is. On the bus, we rode together with a cousin of mine who was also on his way to the city for a certain purpose. I was still then calm, but as we reached the entrance of the hospital, my hands became cold and clammy, I was bit nervous already. We first headed to the Histopathology to claim the biopsy result, after signing some papers, the result was handed to me, and as a medical-related student, my mother entrusted the interpretation of the test done on her. I was speechless by the time I saw the diagnosis written on the bottom part of the paper, INFILTRATING DUCTAL CARCINOMA. Right at that moment, I couldn't answer anything to my mother, father and cousin. I knew that it meant only one thing, my mother has cancer.
            I felt like melting right at that moment, and they noticed that I had gone quiet, and that was the time when my cousin got the paper from me and read it himself. We walked in silence, but we knew in our hearts that we would be facing the greatest hurdle in our life, as a family.
           We then went to my mother's physician, his secretary said he went to somewhere and that we need to wait for him. It felt like hell, it was a waiting full of agony for us. My mother then had the courage to read the result, and got herself disappointed by the time she realized what it meant. She then lost her composure and began crying, my father was beside her, giving courage and support. She was thinking the worst things that will happen to her, even though I knew something about her condition, still I kept my silence. I felt weakness all throughout my body, and tears are starting to be formed. Luckily, I had the strength to hold back those tears, for I thought it wouldn't help anything.
             The doctor finally came and we were called to get inside. I knew what he was going to tell us, that my mother has a certain kind of breast cancer and that she would be needing another surgery, now a major one and that is MODIFIED RADICAL MASTECTOMY. My mother, upon hearing, felt nervous even to the point of kicking my father, maybe asking for additional support. I was just only there at a corner, listening to what her doctor was advising her, but deep inside, I felt fear- fear for my mother and fear for myself, my brother and father. 
            Even though at times, my mother would seem like Hitler or some sort of typical strict teacher, she's still so fragile inside. She's the very woman who molded me and my brother to who we have become now. I really love her so much that I don't want her to suffer any more pain, but this coming operation of hers would help relieve her condition, and I sincerely hope that after all of this, I would go back home and see her losing her head on computer games. I really pray that her condition would be better, and all together, we will fight those cancer cells out of her body!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment